EB Assessment Education and Training (Pty) Ltd (IEB ASSET) is a separate company from the IEB. However it works very closely with the IEB. It is committed to transforming learning through quality training in sound assessment practices. The company, accredited as a provider by the ETDP SETA since 2002, provides training against the assessor and occupation- directed ETD standards registered on the NQF by SAQA.
IEB ASSET is proud of its portfolio of products made up of customised training programmes for a wide range of clients across both education and industry. These programmes are delivered by an excellent team of experienced facilitators who are assessment specialists.
About our Courses
We offer courses based on the following Unit Standards:
- Conduct Outcomes Based Assessment (115753)
- Conduct Moderation of Outcomes Based Assessments (115759)
- Design and Develop Outcomes Based Assessments (115755)
- Facilitate Learning Using a Variety of Given Methodologies (117871)
We are committed to the holistic development of practitioners therefore our courses are rich, building the foundational, practical and reflexive competencies of participants. Our courses are customised
for the following contexts: Schooling (Foundation, Intermediate and Senior Phases), ABET, FET Colleges, Higher Education and Industry.
About our Workshops
We provide tailor-made workshops that build the capacity of organisations in assessment and the quality assurance of learning. The workshops are practical, contextualised for your workplace needs, cost effective and linked to national goals regarding education and training. The programme, timeframes and costs are negotiated with clients, depending on their needs.
The following customised workshops are also available:
- Programme and Assessment Design for FET Colleges (two days)
- Assessment Design for Schooling (two days)
- Whole-School Planning for Assessment (one day)
- Developing and Assessing Core Skills in Schooling (one day)
- Developing and Assessing the Critical Learner (one day)
- Developing Rubrics (half day)
- Developing Multiple Choice Questions (for education and industry - one day)
- ABET Facilitator Workshop – Communication (three days)
- ABET Facilitator Workshop – Numeracy (three days)